Post #20: Sardined

Ithaca, New York
Saturday afternoon, Late Fall 1937

Dear Folks,

I meant to write sooner this week but have been terribly busy since I cam back, and haven’t even slept much, let alone write letters. We had rather a long trip back on Sunday as we had to wait an hour at the ferry at Tivoli on account of the fog. There were two more of us going back than came so we were pretty well sardined. We tied part of the baggage on the side and part between the fenders and the hood. It simply poured all the way and we didn’t get here until 9:00. I had one prelim this week and have two coming up next week.

Tonight we are having our first anniversary celebration at the Coop. They have several things planned. It has been down around 15 degrees several mornings this week and it feels quite cold. Thanks for sending the keys although I didn’t really need them – but you didn’t know. I won’t miss my coat for a couple of weeks and can bring it back with me next year.

I helped get Vincent Peppe a job at the Coop and have a chance to go home with him at Christmas if I want to. His brother is coming over from Syracuse to get him, but not until about the 21st as they both have some work to catch up on and I could use the time myself. However I am not certain yet whether I’ll come with him or Katherine Robinson on the 18th.

Irving would like to go home with me and then take the train from Amenia as it would be a lot cheaper for him. Would it be alright if he stayed at the house for a day or so? He has invited me down to his house for a couple of days either at Christmas or Easter to show me around New York City and Radio City, which I haven’t seen.

Nothing much happened this week and I have to get something ready for tonight. I will stop, hoping that everyone is alright. I enjoyed the candy and apples that I brought from home very much.

Lovingly, Hall

p.s. Let me know whether it makes any difference with whom I come home.