Post #35: A bus trip back to Cornell

Ithaca, New York
Sunday Morning, January 1, 1939

Dear Folks,

Arrived here at 5 p.m. last night to find no snow or ice and the weather just like spring -- really quite a contrast to Albany. However, the roads were just a glare of ice from Syracuse up to within a few miles of Ithaca, so it took us 2-1/2 hours on the bus to go less than 60 miles.

Only had to wait 10 minutes for the bus at Syracuse and was able to take it direct from the railroad station. I slept 14 hours last night as a result of being up 24 hours straight on Friday and only having 3 hours of sleep Saturday morning.

Hope Catherine and Andy got home OK. I went up and got a free breakfast from a kid across the hall who is on the basketball team. They get all their meals free if they stay here to practice during vacation. Have been studying some and have a lot more to do so I had better stop.

I forgot my two toothbrushes and toothpaste. I can't think of anything else that I have forgotten yet except that I nearly left my skates on the train. If you could send the tooth articles I would appreciate it very much.

Lovingly, Hall