Post #36: A sore rear end

Ithaca, New York
Sunday, January 8, 1939

Dear Folks,

Well I'm pretty well started on the last lap of this term and only have three more weeks until finals. It doesn't seem much like January here; it is so warm and springlike.

This morning I heard an excellent sermon by an Elmira preacher on childhood psychology, which was very good. Last night Cornell won their first league game of the year from Penn in basketball.

You might tell Mrs. James sometime when you see her that I was sorry I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to her before I left. Today I got up in good time and did quite a bit of studying for tomorrow.

Fred Pulling came back with us from Rhinebeck so we were pretty well crowded on our trip. In fact I could hardly sit down for the next couple of days. It's one consolation to know that I haven't got very many more in front of me.

Did the tractor start alright after more gas was put in? There doesn't seem to be much else to say just now so I will close.

Lovingly, Hall