Post #23: Five finals

Ithaca, New York
Saturday afternoon, February 5, 1938

Dear Folks,

I have been looking for a letter lately as I was anxious to hear how Andy was and how things were going. All the snow has disappeared here during the week and we had a lot of rain.

One week from today I will be through with my finals and will have quite a load off of my mind. I have five, but they are spread out over most of the week so it gives me a chance to study for them.

I just got 98% on an Animal Physiology prelim which will raise my marks some in that course. I have been asked to help during Farm and Home Week from two sources. The 4-H Club has appointed me as one of the ushers for the visitors the dav Governor Lehman and Mrs. Roosevelt speak. The chairman of the registering committee has asked me to serve on the registering committee to help preregister the visitors who come here during Farm and Home Week. There are 10 agriculture students who are appointed each year to do this.

If you want me to come home for a few days the week after next by myself, or possibly with Ralph, maybe we could hitchhike home. If you don’t think it is necessary please let me know so that I will know what plans to make. Of course weather conditions are uncertain.

I had a very interesting discussion with one of the sociology instructors who did survey work in Dutchess County all around our section last summer. He was making a study of organizations such as Dairyman’s League and Sheffield and the feelings that the farmers had toward these organizations.

The president of our Coop sent a letter to Governor Lehman asking him to eat at our club when he comes to Ithaca for Farm and Home Week. He wrote us a very nice letter thanking us for the invitation but saying that he had so many official obligations that he wouldn’t have time to during the short time he plans to be here. We have his letter posted on our bulletin board. It has a gold seal signifying the executive department on top of it.

A week ago I was on the reception committee for Professor Gibson, who is head of the placement bureau in the Ag School, when he ate at the Coop. We are closing tomorrow night for two weeks so I will buy my meals.

Lovingly, Hall