Post #43: Student teaching

Ithaca, New York
Friday night, October 27, 1939

Dear Folks,

I received Pop's interesting letter this week and wanted to write sooner, but I couldn't find time. You see I had to do considerable teaching this week and it meant a lot of preparation. In fact, I quit most of my Coop job this week because I was getting so far behind with my other work, and exams were rolling around.

I just got through correcting papers that my class had for today. There are 17 boys in the class and they are mostly Seniors and full of the devil, so I really had my hands full.

I am glad to hear that Walter is doing fairly well. I also think it's the only thing to do about drilling the well, because the water might not have started up again all winter.

How did the plow work this fall? It ought to have worked pretty well with the hard ground, didn't it? Tomorrow is the all important football game between Ohio State and Cornell out there, but I doubt whether we have much of a chance.

The weather is just like summer out; I'll be glad when it settles down because this is very bad for colds. I had my picture taken this week for the Cornell Annual, which contains all the pictures of the graduating class. I think we get off for our Thanksgiving vacation around the 22nd of November this year. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

At Trumansburg, the next town up the lake, they only are able to have school in the morning because the water runs out at noon. It's very dry all around here too, and not nearly the rain that we usually get here. It snowed a couple hours one day this week.

I hope Katie's cold is alright now. I am getting sleepy so will close.

Lovingly, Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment