Post #45: Coming home for Thanksgiving

Ithaca, New York
Saturday night, November 19, 1939

Dear Folks,

Would someone be able to meet me at Buckley's house, right across from the high school in Rhinebeck Wednesday night at nine o'clock? It is a brown house if I remember right, but anyone would know if you ask them. It is just a block or two before you get to the red light coming in from Pine Plains. We plan to leave here at noon Wednesday and will go around by Albany, so I want to allow plenty of time as it's only a '31 Chevy. If you should have to wait, which I hope you won't, I am sure the Buckley's wouldn't mind if you waited there.

I received Katie's and Aunt Dorothy's nice letters the beginning of the week. This morning I made up my lab for next Wednesday. It has been raining and snowing all day.

Last night I went up to the Straight and saw moving pictures in technicolor of the Cornell-Dartmouth game Saturday. Afterwards, I went to a lecture by a Russian woman social worker which was very good. Tonight the Coop is having another dance but I am not going as I am still having foot treatments, and besides I'm kind of tired and am working on a report.

If the weather is bad Wednesday, it may take us longer, but it shouldn't take us over nine hours unless we have  car trouble. I don't look forward to these long rides too much, if it's cold, because I remember how I used to freeze last year, but maybe it will be nice.

This is about all I can think of now so will look forward to seeing everyone in about one day from the time you get this letter.

Lovingly, Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment