Post #46: Coping with colds

Ithaca, New York
Saturday afternoon, December 3, 1939

Dear Folks,

Well, I've been back a week, and it has gone so fast that it just seems like yesterday that I returned. I had a prelim this week in Rural Education and quite a few quizzes.

I hope Katie was able to get out with her car alright by Monday. Did they plow the road out? It is getting ready to snow here again, I think, because it is very damp and cold. A lot of the kids have been skating this weekend on Beebe.

Tonight we are having a little program at the Coop celebrating our third anniversary. Last night we had quite a lengthy membership meeting.

Did Martha come up, or is she going to wait until Christmas? Linda was real playful the morning I was at Keller's. She would pull my hair and Andy's when we let her, and she didn't seem to like to let go.

I hope that everybody's colds are much better now. It seems that everyone around here has a cold of one sort  or another, but I have learned how to take care of myself so that I don't get them here anymore.

I hope Pop and Tony are getting up at 5:00 instead of at 4:00 now that they don't have to get the milk down so early. I can't think of anything else now so will write more next week.

Lovingly, Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment