Post #47: Buttons to sew

Ithaca, New York
Saturday afternoon, December 9, 1939

Dear Folks,

I received Aunt Dorothy's and Pop's letter this week and am glad to hear that the well drillers finally arrived. There is nothing much going on here except a lot of exams and reports. I got back a 93 on a Rural Ed prelim which was one point from being the highest in the class, and also an A+ on a report and a 94 on an identification exam in Agronomy.

I have been down in the infirmary for a couple of days with the grippe and I just got back today. One of the other boys in the house is down there with a temperature of 105 degrees as a complication which set in from a football injury.

I've got quite a bit of sewing to do, buttons etc. but I sort of let it drag because I'm not as stuck on sewing as I used to be. I'll probably have a fellow up for a few days after Christmas to help with the wood, as Frank has been sick and probably won't be up.

I don't know when I'll be going home for sure, either the 20th or the 21st. Will Katie be in Poughkeepsie those two days? I'll be getting there in plenty of time to go home with her if she is. I may ride in with a fellow who has a fairly good car if the roads are OK, and if not I'll stay over until the 21st and go by train.

I'll send a card in a week or so to let you know for sure.

Lovingly, Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment