Post #48: A near miss

Ithaca, New York
Saturday night, January 6, 1940

Dear Folks,

Well I've been back here almost a week now but the time passes so quickly that it certainly doesn't seem like it. This weather we are having is cold enough to freeze an Eskimo, and I bet it is pretty cold and windy there too. We don't have very much snow but what we have is pretty well drifted.

Herman got here OK on Wednesday and made all of his connections. I wondered whether he would. I got the box today. Thank you very much for doing everything up so nicely and for the apples.

Did Andy get Mandy's letter alright? Tell him that I hope he can manage to keep warm and that he should drink plenty of good-hot-milk-Postum in the morning. How much longer does Katie have for her vacation? I hope that she has entirely recovered from the trouble she had before I left.

I didn't tell you that the morning I took the train from Amenia I almost missed it because I was over in Philip's store keeping warm since the station was unheated. It was the first time I had ever been up that way to Chatham and the scenery was quite nice.

This is about all there is for now.

Lovingly, Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment