Post #49: Planning ahead

Ithaca, New York
Sunday afternoon, January 21, 1940

Dear Folks,

I enjoyed your nice long letter very much, but was sorry to hear that you have been having so much trouble with the cars. It certainly has been cold for the past week. It's been almost constantly below zero here, and together with the damp atmosphere and wind, it was pretty uncomfortable outside.

Tell Andy that I certainly sympathize with him when he has to be up in the paddock in this kind of weather .  I've had plenty of work myself this last week, and have finals starting this week and next. 

I finished up my practice teaching and gave the class their term exam on Thursday, and reviewed it with them on Friday. That winds up my teaching for awhile.

Katie asked what courses I'm taking next term. Over half of them are Education courses in Psychology, Principles of Education, and Methods of Teaching (an advanced course in which there will only be about 10 students.)  I am also taking a course in Farm Electricity, and a course in Advanced Judging of Farm Animals, which I thought I would like to have. I will also have a course in Cooperative Marketing as applied to Farming Cooperatives, so I guess I will have plenty to do.

I got a nice letter from Martha this week.

I am still one of four out of ten who were interviewed and asked to send their credentials to Levonia (the town on the last one of the Finger Lakes where the teaching job is open.) Don't worry about my getting it because three have gone to Summer School and are better qualified for this particular job, but I think it's good experience.

How are Linda and Catherine and everyone? Remember me to them.

Lovingly, Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment